Congratulations! You are well on your way to a fun-filled summer with your new pool. As you plan for the installation of your backyard oasis, there are a few important points to remember:
- Before your pool arrives, be sure to check with your local and state governing bodies. Some areas have specific building codes or permit requirements that may necessitate modifications to your installation plans.
- Prior to installation, you should also carefully review the safety, installation and maintenance information provided by the manufacturer.
Your installation guide will provide detailed information on preparing the ground for your new above ground pool, but you can begin your spot selection now. The ideal location is level, firm ground that is not asphalt, tar or oil based. Remove any grass in the area and be careful not to place the pool on ground treated with weed killer or other chemicals. As you prepare the ground for your new pool, be sure to avoid:
- Electrical wires (including underground lines)
- Gas lines
- Septic tanks
- Dry wells
- Tree roots and stumps
- Buried debris (trees and building materials, for example)
- Sudden slopes within 6 feet of the pool area.
Purchasing an above ground pool ensures a fast and trouble-free installation process. In one weekend, your pool can be up and ready for swimmers.
You don’t have to surrender your yard to enjoy a refreshing dip in your pool. An above ground pool requires less yard space, and the OutBack Pools series has a variety of choices to make certain your specific size requirements can be met.
Heaters, cleaners and other pool accessories, once geared toward the in ground pool market, are now available for the above ground market.
Your above ground pool is built to last – constructed of quality, durable materials for a long life – but it is also flexible to your needs. If you change homes or need to reclaim your yard space, your above ground pool can be disassembled in a day.
Your pool offers accents and aesthetics that were once reserved for in ground pool owners. Waterfalls, fiber optic lighting, elaborate decking and landscaping can all be incorporated to enhance the beauty of your OutBack pool. Wall and liner options let you customize the pool to your personal tastes.
Fun and Fitness
From end to end, your above ground pool has a constant water depth. This set up provides the ideal setting for families that enjoy water games – such as volleyball or basketball – or those that want to incorporate water aerobics into their fitness routine.